SMTP2GO provides valuable insight into every aspect of your email needs, whether it is transactional, marketing campaigns, contact forms, or notifications.
The Email Made Easy plugin uses SMTP2GO’s industry-leading network to deliver all email from your WordPress installation by replacing the default phpmailer/built in wp_mail() functionality by sending via SMTP2GO’s API. Within the SMTP2GO App, see using real-time reporting, statistics and charts, as well as further features to maximize your emailing experience.
The main benefits of using SMTP2GO’s plugin:
- Setup within minutes with zero maintenance required
- Be confident your emails have been delivered successfully with intuitive real-time reporting in the SMTP2GO App (delivery, opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes etc.)
- Secure worldwide servers with intelligent routing for network redundancy and speed
- SPF and DKIM aligned for optimal delivery
- Diagnose and resolve delivery issues
- 24/7 support via email ticket, live chat or phone
- Dedicated review team handling reputation monitoring to ensure the best delivery rates
- Scalable to cater for any sending volume
- Avoid poor reputation or common restrictions implemented by ISPs or other providers
SMTP2GO is a world-class email service provider that is developed and supported by a team of delivery experts at the forefront of the email industry, providing a reliable and scalable SMTP solution for over 35,000 businesses.
Signup for a free account here.
If you have questions or need assistance then feel free to contact the support team by logging into your SMTP2GO dashboard then clicking the support icon on the top-right of the screen.
More information on this plugin is available in our Knowledgebase.
Founded in 2006, SMTP2GO is a fast and scalable email service provider for sending transactional and marketing emails.
Complexities such as reputation monitoring, SPF and DKIM are professionally managed for each customer. Native-English speaking support is available worldwide (agents in the USA, EU, UK, Australia, and New Zealand).
Our data centers located around the world, meaning lightning-fast connection speeds, network redundancy, and GDPR compliance.
If you are not an existing customer, you will need to signup for an SMTP2GO account – a free plan is available!
- Click the “Plugins” tab in your WordPress administration (wp-admin) dashboard, and choose “Add New”.
- Search for “Email Made Easy” or “SMTP2GO”.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Once the plug in is installed, click “Activate”.
You will need to enable the plugin and enter the required details under the “Settings” tab.
- Enable the checkbox “Enable Email Made Easy by SMTPGO”.
Enter your API Key which can be found in your SMTP2GO: “Settings > API Keys”.
The API Key needs at least the following permissions:
- Sender Domains
- Set the default From Email Address.
- Set the default From Name.
Save the settings by clicking the “Save Settings” button at the bottom.
The default From Email Address and From Name can be changed programmatically.
You can add custom headers to your emails, such as headers for custom tracking with third-party tools such as “X-Campaign”.
The “Test” tab can be used to send a test email to ensure your settings have been entered correctly.
The “Stats” tab will give you an overview of your SMTP2GO plan’s quota as well as your Spam and Bounce rates for the past 30 days.
And that’s it! Once you’ve installed and enabled the plugin, all emails originating from your WordPress installation will be routed via your SMTP2GO account.
If any problem occurs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the “Support” tab within the SMTP2GO app.
- Copy the SMTP2GO directory into your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the wp-admin “Plugins” page.
- Once successfully activated, the SMTP2GO plugin will appear in the “Settings” menu in the WordPress Admin Panel.
- Click on “Settings > SMTP2GO” to open the plugin configuration page.
- Retrieve a copy of your API key by going to the “Settings > API Keys” section of your SMTP2GO dashboard.
- Add a default sending name and email address.
Note: The default From Email Address and From Name can be changed programmatically.
Do I need an SMTP2GO account?
Yes, the SMTP2GO WordPress plugin uses SMTP2GO’s API to deliver emails and get statistics. Creating an account on SMTP2GO is free, quick and simple to set up – sign up here.
Once logged into your account and completed the setup steps you can get an API Key (Settings > API Keys) which you’ll need to set in the plugin.
How much does it cost?
SMTP2GO offers a free forever plan that includes 1,000 emails per month.
For more email volume per month and no daily restrictions you can upgrade within your SMTP2GO account to one of the many available plans to suit your sending needs
Paid plans have access to very useful extra features such as Subaccounts, Email Archiving, Email Testing, and Dedicated IPs.
Paid plans start at $10USD/month – check out our pricing here.
Can you tell me about the compatibility of this plugin?
Sure can! We replace the default wp_mail so any plugin that makes use of this will be compatible.
If you do find some compatibility issues, please do let the support team know.
Email Made Easy has been tested for Linux and other Unix type operating systems. We do not recommend using the plugin on Windows/IIS based systems as we do not currently support these platforms.
We also recommend keeping your WordPress up to date and only use the the most recent version of WordPress, or no more than one major release behind.
Can I get support?
Absolutely! SMTP2GO has support agents located in the US, EU, UK, and the Pacific to cover all time zones providing 24/7 assistance. Feel free to contact our award-winning support team any time by email ticket, live chat, or phone. You can find contact information by clicking the “Support” tab in your SMTP2GO dashboard.
How do I avoid emails going to the spam or junk folder?
Ensure you have added your domain names to the “Settings > Sender Domains” section of your SMTP2GO account, and have them all fully verified.
Make sure your domain has a great reputation and isn’t listed on any blacklists.
Think about your email content and avoid words and phrases that could trigger a spam filter.
If you’re needing extra help, our award winning support team has lots of tips and tricks to help you out. You can find the support tab in your SMTP2GO dashboard.
Учасники та розробники
“SMTP2GO – Email Made Easy” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
- update smtp2go-oss/smtp2go-php handle duplicate reply-to headers
- test on WordPress 6.0
- fix for inline attachment handling
- test on WordPres 5.9
- API call for stats pulls detail for specific key / user
- plugin layout updates
- PHP 7.2 compatability
- user php-scoper to avoid potential conflicts
- fix issue with header handling
- additional error handling in admin test email setup
- use composer package for API integration https://github.com/smtp2go-oss/smtp2go-php
- fix sender domain validation check
- add sender domain verification tab
- add uninstaller / clean up database
- check the enable/disable flag, plugin wasn’t honouring the flag and sending out via API regardless
- HTML email handling issue
- check variable for type instead of type hint
- support GravityForms multiple email recipients
- handle plugin conflicts when admin sends a test email
- initMailer returns args for wp_mailer
- codebase updated, no longer override wp_mail, remove BC
- updated unit tests
- admin email test send updated
- revert depreciated mailer handling while we figure out how / if to implement backwards compatibility
- update Deprecated: class-phpmailer.php handling
- handle Deprecated: class-phpmailer.php is deprecated
- handle php var not defined error
- hide API key in admin
- don’t pass empty BCC string to API call
- text update
- test on WordPress 5.5.1
- set from address from parsed headers if present / if other plugins are injecting headers like this
- Honor wp_mail_from and wp_mail_from_name filters
- Test with 5.5
- Allow extra characters into Sender Name, quote field through send process