This bare-bones plugin takes activities generated by the BuddyPress members, profile, member, and/or groups components and posted them to your Slack team. You can choose to have this stream of posts go to a particular channel, private group, or even a user on your Slack team. The plugin also can provide an optional “Slack” settings panel for users in their BuddyPress profile which gives them control if they want their activities posted in Slack or not.
In order for this plugin to work you MUST login into your Slack settings and set up an incoming webhook integration in your Slack team. Here’s the quick way to do that.
- Login as admin of your Slack team and go to https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks.
- Click the ‘Set up an incoming webhook integration in your Slack team to try it out’ link that is near the top.
- Choose a channel (or create a new channel) under “Post To Channel”. Note that this is the default channel and the plugin can override this to post to another channel, group, or user.
- You’ll be provided a webhook URL. Grab the provided webhook URL and use that in the plugin settings.
Needless to say, without a correct webhook the plugin won’t work.
Please note that if you have a busy site, your Slack channel might fill up quickly. Use responsibility. Don’t do drugs. Stay in school.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Extract and upload the buddyslack folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in the WordPress admin panel
- Setup an incoming webhook for your Slack team (see instructions in the description).
- This plugin needs [fill in a feature here]
This is a bare-bones plugin that was built in a day. It uses the WordPress plugin boilerplate (http://wppb.io/) and should be updatable by a knowledgable developer. If you wish to pay to have features added to plugin, please reach out to David Bisset (davidbisset.com). Either way, I would love to hear what suggestions you might have or if you have a pull-request.
- What are the most likely future features to be added?
The plugin only allows you to pick from four hard-coded default BuddyPress components. This should be more robust, not to mention consideration for custom BuddyPress components. After that allowing the user to customize the message sent to Slack seems to be next logical feature to add.
Для цього плагіна немає відгуків.
Учасники та розробники
“BuddySlack” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
- Initial release. Bare-bones.