Site developers and operators can easily create help documentation and notices for the admin area. Include a help section with pages of instructions, or add a help box just about anywhere on the back-end (see site locations and page locations below).
- Supports custom post types
- Supports Gutenberg and Classic editors
- Completely customizeable – colors, admin menu name, icon, logo, etc
- Change the admin footer text to admin contact information or whatever you want
- Easily import settings from another site
- Import or auto-feed documents from another site
- Users can reset meta box and admin list column preferences from profile page
- Use it for notices and reminders, too!
- Main documentation page
- Admin bar
- Post/page edit screen
- Post/page admin list screen
- All other pages that are listed on admin menu
- Contextual help (even on Gutenberg)
- Install the plugin from your website’s plugin directory, or upload the plugin to your plugins folder.
- Activate it.
- Go to Help Docs in your admin menu.
Who can add a help section?
Anyone that has the Administrator role, or other roles that you specify.
Can I use the same documentation across multiple sites?
Yes, you can choose to automatically feed documents or import them locally from a remote site with the same plugin.
Where can I request features and get further support?
Join my WordPress Support Discord server
Учасники та розробники
“Admin Help Docs” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
- Fix: FAQ css example stylsheet path was missing a slash
- Tweak: Updated some CSS styles
- Tweak: Added version logging to deactivation feedback to make it easier to chase down errors
- Fix: More than 5 files in a folder won’t stay in the folder (props alex_p6577 for pointing this out)
- Tweak: Added an option to stop showing feedback form on deactivate; will automatically disable for certain choices
- Tweak: Changed import feeds icon to a newspaper
- Update: Added notice that import feeds cannot be added to folders
- Update: Added setting option to hide the created and last modified dates and authors (props chrismaclean for suggestion)
- Update: Added
[helpdocs_css]shortcode for adding custom CSS to docs on the main doc page
- Update: Added setting option to select a default doc for the main doc page
- Tweak: Removed top border on first doc in main doc page and added borders to dragged doc instead
- Update: Added permalink and view button to top of edit screen if site location is main doc page
- Update: Added
[dont_do_shortcode]shortcode to make it easier to share shortcodes without executing them
- Tweak: Drag and drop sorting – added icons, linked entire cells instead of just text, removed sorting cursor
- Tweak: Added 150 ms delay to drag and drop sorting to prevent accidental dragging
- Update: Added folders for main documentation page (props alex_p6577 for suggestion)
- Tweak: Moved doc editing JS to its own file
- Update: Added support for WP Version to still be used in footer
- Tweak: Changed order of deactivate feedback form options
- Tweak: Planned Updates on About tab
- Update: Added search bar on main documentation page (props alex_p6577 for suggestion)
- Fix: PHP warning about id variable not being found on every page load
- Fix: Sorting by order column not in order (props alex_p6577 for pointing this out)
- Fix: Documentation page ordering issue (props alex_p6577 for pointing this out)
- Fix: Attempt to read property “singular_name” on null (props alex_p6577 for pointing this out)
- Update: Added setting to change user capability
- Fix: Editors could view menu link and dashboard widget, but not view docs (props chrismaclean for pointing it out)
- Update: Added setting to disable curly quotes site-wide that make sharing code difficult
- Fix: Resize cursor showing up on doc list items
- Fix: Custom link fields not showing up for some people
- Tweak: Highlighted “Enable This Site” checkbox on imports when disabled
- Update: Added deactivation survey
- Update: Added support for importing custom urls with auto-updating domain
- Update: Added new site location for custom url
- Tweak: Updated Discord support link
- Tweak: Added icons to dashboard TOC
- Tweak: Added ability to add imports/feeds to dashboard TOC
- Fix: Hid “Add to Dashboard TOC” by default
- Fix: Replaced early escapes with sanitizers
- Update: Added dashboard table of contents (props chrismaclean for suggestion)
- Tweak: Updated changelog to use commonly used prefixes (Fix, Tweak, and Update)
- Update: Added optional setting for allowing the addition of missing user meta merge tags to Gravity Forms dropdowns
- Update: Added missing
- Fix: Excerpt meta box title changing on other post types
- Update: Added video to readme
- Tweak: When resetting settings, added a notice instead of attempting to refresh
- Fix: Nested ordered lists on main documentation page not showing proper list types
- Update: Added links to plugins list page
- Fix: Minor fixes
- Update: Added feedback form to About tab
- Initial release on WP.org January 23, 2023
- Created plugin on November 14, 2022