WP Imsizer (short for Image Resizer) is a plugin for WordPress which will save you and your clients or fellow blog contributors from having to manually resize all of your images to a more visitor friendly size. You can even restrict the total file size of uploaded images and even disable the WordPress image 2560px threshold limit which was introduced in version 5.3.
When someone uploads an image that is larger than your set dimensions, WP Imsizer will automatically scale it down to your desired pre-configured size and replace the original image.
Now can automatically set filtered image upload Alt, Title, Caption, and Descriptions from filename. Filters out hyphes, underscores, commas and extra spaces. Also, automatically capitalizes each word and will disable the default WordPress insertion of Titles from filenames.
The WP Imsizer Plugin is ideal for WordPress web sites and blogs that do not require super high resolution images. This will save space on your server, speed up your page speed performance, and reduce bandwidth utilization for both you and your visitors. As a result of being able to quickly display your media on your web site, this will most likely improve your search engine ranking.
- Disable the WordPress 2560px image upload threshold limit.
- Resize uploaded images to a pre-defined maximum height or maximum width.
- Image S.E.O. Options to filter and set image upload Alts, Titles, Captions and Descriptions.
- (Coming soon) Restrict image uploads which exceed your specified max file size.
- Convert, non-transparent, PNG images to JPG.
- (Coming soon) Ability to selectively bulk resize your existing images.
- Does not perform any additional image compression functions on your images.
- Only resizes newly uploaded JPG images after plugin activation and setup.
1. Upload the plugin folder to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ folder.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3. Visit the plugin settings page and adjust the options as needed.
How do I use this plugin?
Upon activation, visit the “Settings > WP Imsizer” page and adjust as needed.
I found this plugin helpful. How can I help?
Happy to have helped! Support my work and future improvements to this plugin by sending me a tip using your Brave browser or by sending me a one-time donation. If you have any ideas for improvements or want to contribute to the code you may get in touch with me.
Учасники та розробники
“WP Imsizer” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
- Tested against WordPress 6.1
- Tested against WordPress 6.0
- Tested against WordPress 5.9
- Introduced Image S.E.O. Options to auto filter and set uploaded image Alt tags, Titles, Captions and Descriptions.
- Tested against WordPress 5.8
- Tested against WordPress 5.7
- Tested against WordPress 5.6
- Tested against WordPress 5.5
- Initial release.