Simmer is the recipe plugin everyone can use. With an elegant, intuitive UI that makes recipe input easy, you’ll quickly find why so many recipe creators love to use Simmer everyday to publish content.
Upgrade to Simmer Pro for additional features like nutrition, and other Google SEO recommendations and requirements plus premium support and help with your theme. We depend on your financial support of the plugin to add new tools and features and we cannot continue to provide the plugin without your purchase.
For a complete list of documentation and helpful articles visit help.simmerwp.com, including examples of real Simmer recipes for your inspiration.
For questions anytime, please contact support. We’re happy to help.
Add ingredients, step-by-step instructions, sub-headings, structured cook times, and a lot more all within a user-friendly drag and drop interface. Simmer is Gutenberg compatible. Upgrade to Simmer Pro to get a helpful recipe insert tool to use anywhere inside your blocks and to get our upcoming Gutenberg recipe blocks as soon as they are available. We will not be extending further new features for Gutenberg in the free version of Simmer moving forward.
SEO and Content Marketing
Simmer automatically bakes semantic and SEO structure with schema.org microdata into the core of every recipe you publish.
This data allows Google to standardize and serve your recipes across a variety of devices and platforms. In addition, our easy to understand recipe index structure allows you to create endless libraries and collections of specific recipes.
Use the Google structured data testing tool to see how search engines gather and present your data to potential visitors. The free version of Simmer does not include markup for all recipe fields required by Google. To add additional recipe fields, please upgrade to Simmer Pro.
Simmer recipes are also automatically formatted for unique features only for recipes on Pinterest and many other platforms.
Customizable for developers and designers
Simmer is built with developers in mind. Utilize the many actions and filters detailed in the Developer API to customize Simmer to fit any project.
If you’re a designer or developer with a client, we’ll be happy to discuss options for your installation as a part of your Simmer Pro purchase. We love providing excellent support and working with providers to ensure their client’s websites and applications are gorgeous.
Every WordPress theme handles recipes and custom post types differently. For customized support and help with your individual theme’s code by our developers, plus other features missing from this free version of the plugin please purchase Simmer Pro.
- Bulk-add ingredients & instructions as copy/pasted blocks of text
- Works with any social sharing tools including Jetpack
- All recipes are fully responsive & ready for mobile depending on your theme out of the box
- Create custom recipe card themes & styling easily
- Widgets: display your most recent recipes and/or recipe categories in your sidebar
- Recipe categories
- Recipe authors
- Add recipe servings, yield, cook times, and source name and/or link
- Embed recipes anywhere in your posts or pages
- Featured thumbnail for each recipe
- Front-end recipe printing
- Localization in over 150 languages, with others always growing
Follow Simmer’s development on at simmerwp.com/blog.
Purchase a Simmer Pro license and premium support in addition to enhanced nutrition content functionality for this plugin.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings > Recipes and configure the options
- Go to Recipes > Add New to start creating with Simmer!
- Have questions? Feel free to consult the documentation.
- Will I lose any recipes when I upgrade to Simmer Pro?
No you won’t lose any recipes and your content will automatically convert to Simmer Pro whenever you choose to upgrade. Your recipes will also automatically have new tools available inside the recipe editor, like nutrition, cooking method, and many other recipe metrics recommended or required by Google for recipe search content.
- Is there a way to add an ingredient without a numerical measurement? (For example: if an ingredient is optional or added “to taste)
Yes. Simply leave any measurement fields that you do not need blank, and they won’t be included in your recipe at all. Then, write in “to taste” or any other instructions in the recipe name line itself or in your instructions.
- What settings can I control for recipes?
When activated, a new “Simmer” section is added to Settings in the WordPress dashboard. To see a list of configurable options, consult our free support docs.simmerwp.com.
- Can I add a customized measurement in the drop down for ingredients?
Whenever a recipe creator would like to use a unique measurement type not listed in Simmer’s drop down UI, we suggest that they simply enter the measurement as part of the description instead. For example: 2 [dropdown empty] 15 oz cans diced tomatoes, 3 [dropdown empty] sprigs of thyme.
- Can I add things like cook time and prep time to my recipes?
Yes, Simmer provides a number of customized options for each recipe to provide metadata, including an attribution link back to an original recipe author if you’d like to include one. If you choose not to include this data, it won’t be labeled or included on your individual recipe’s front end page.
- If I do not include data like cook times or serving size to my recipe, will those labels still appear in my recipe?
No. Recipes created with Simmer do not display any labels for fields that are left empty. For example: if no serving size is included, this field will not be displayed or labeled on your recipe on the front end.
Учасники та розробники
“Recipes by Simmer” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
“Recipes by Simmer” було перекладено на 3 локалізації. Дякуємо перекладачам за їх роботу.
Перекладіть “Recipes by Simmer” на вашу мову.
Перегляньте код, перегляньте сховище SVN або підпишіться на журнал розробки за допомогою RSS.
- New: Licensing updated/changed to GPLv3
- New: Simmer Private add-on card included in Extend admin section
- New: Add documentation notice to top of Extend section
- Fix: Small text changes for the plugin’s admin views
- Fix: some WPCS nags
- Fix: version number up to date
- Fix: Flushed rewrite rules on activation
- Fix: Flushed rewrite rules on deactivation
- Fix: Improved check before outputting recipe markup
- Fix: Double display check
- Fix: print stylesheet: reduce font size for recipe titles, remove floats, simplification of recipe meta
- Fix: BuddyPress conflicts resolved
- Fix: Make sure we actually have a WP_Query object
- Fix: Used instanceof instead of is_a
- Fix: Hardcoded textdomain
- New: Added grunt-wp-i18n support
- Fix: Made measurements translatable
- New: Regenerated pot file using grunt
- Fix: Add lines for unit measurements to main .pot file
- New: Add pt_BR localization
- Fix: Trimmed whitespace
- New: Add plugin compatibility class
- Fix: Removed nopaging argument
- Fix: Improved escaping and sanitization
- Fix: Fix kilograms spelling in all .pot and .po files
- New: Fill in new unit measurements strings for es_ES
- New: Add Spanish localization
- Fix: Plurals in ingredients
- New: Add add-on cards and assets
- Fix: Ingredients converting to headings when using bulk-add
- New: Ingredient heading support, just like instructions
- New: ‘orderby’ param for ingredient queries
- New: Optionally exclude headings in ingredient & instruction queries
- Tweak: Separate serving number & label meta fields & values
- Tweak: Reinstate the ‘Quick Edit’ post row action for recipes
- Tweak: Improve file & folder structure
- Tweak: Remove core plugin licensing
- Tweak: Improve add-on license detection
- Fix: Input autofocus for ingredients UI
- Tweak: Change default uninstall setting
- Tweak: Delete custom db tables on uninstall
- Fix: Error on uninstall
- Fix: Database upgrade procedure
- New: Items API for handling ingredients, instructions, and other custom recipe data
- New: Refactored architecture and file structure to allow for greater extensibility
- New: Major feature addition welcome screen
- Tweak: Documentation overhaul for the Developer API reference
- Fix: Prevent theme icon font incompatibilities
- Fix: Ingredient amount display error with trailing or leading spaces
- New: Easy recipe printing
- Tweak: Refine microdata markup for single recipes
- Tweak: Ensure WordPress 4.2 compatibility
- Fix: Instructions microdata error
- New: Bulk add recipe ingredients or instructions
- New: ‘Add Recipe’ shortcode button and modal UI
- New: Enhanced embedded recipe display with excerpts and thumbnails
- New: Developer API reference
- Tweak: Additional template classes and styling
- Tweak: Recipe author setting
- Tweak: Add more code documentation
- Add the Recent Recipes widget
- Add the Recipe Categories widget
- Add no-JS ingredient/instruction sorting
- Add shortcode recipe template with link & excerpt
- Adjust admin UI styling
- Change “attribution” to “source” and add label
- Remove < p > option from instructions list display
- Fix instructions list display setting
- Fix recipe excerpt display
- Update inline docs
- Add focus to input when adding new ingredients or instructions
- Add a plugin list table Settings link
- Fix a sortable UI scrolling bug
- Fix an admin JS error
Add licensing support
Fixed an early exit error on clean uninstall
Preheating the oven to 450…