- Author: Fahad Mahmood
- Project URI: https://androidbubble.com/blog/wordpress/plugins/keep-backup-daily
- License: GPL 3. See License below for copyright jots and tittles.
Keep Backup Daily backup your wordpress database and email to you daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly according to the settings. It is a wordpress plugin which helps you to get relax about taking regular backups. It is much better that if you are running a news website and don’t want to overload your database. Keep backup daily and another plugin might be freeing up your database on weekly basis. There can be many uses of this plugin, you could have a look what activity is performing on your database now a days. Its not only a convenience of exporting mysql database but having it in secure place as well. If you have configured the email client on your PC and want to keep backup on disk so it is possible as well with convenience. I am a PHP, WordPress developer and i faced a lot of inconvenience regarding keep an eye on wordpress DB regarding plugins and user’s activity. Our debugging process demands access to the DB most of the time so developed this utility for personal use and now publishing it. I coded a no. of fixes for wordpress sites and few of the solutions are in form of articles on my blog.
1- Many of the users might be using free hosting or cheap price hosting. Especially students do that but their data can be important to them, this plugin will give a feel of relax and to restore the website on last stable version of DB.
2- Default Settings: For your convenience, we are providing cron schedule from our website androidbubbles.com to the URL https://www.androidbubbles.com/api/kbd.php. For this purpose, we keep your domain name with us to access it e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/?kbd_cron_process=1
Keep backup daily is arranged in flexible manner for better user experience.
offsite, sql, online backup, full backup, complete backup, mysql export, email mysql dump,
This WordPress Plugin is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This free software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this software. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html.
To use Keep Backup Daily, you will need:
* an installed and configured copy of [WordPress](version 3.0 or later).
* FTP, SFTP or shell access to your web host
Go to your wordpress admin “yoursite.com/wp-admin”
Login and then access “yoursite.com/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=upload
Upload and activate this plugin
Now go to admin menu -> settings -> KBD Settings
Your email is by default administrator email to send backup emails, but you are required to press save changes button once (at-least)
That’s it, now wait for the magic
- Download the Keep Backup Daily installation package and extract the files on your computer.
- Create a new directory named
Keep Backup Dailyin the
wp-content/pluginsdirectory of your WordPress installation. Use an FTP or SFTP client to upload the contents of your Keep Backup Daily archive to the new directory that you just created on your web host.
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard and activate the Keep Backup Daily plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated, a new KBD Settings sub-menu will appear in your WordPress admin -> settings menu.
How to setup backup schedule?
Go to settings page. Select daily / weekly / monthly / yearly backup. Enter recipient email address. Then select Cron Job Settings and click “Save Changes”. (In Premium version you have to click on “Show me basic features”. See screenshot-5)
What is defualt settings?
For your convenience, we are providing Cron schedule from our website androidbubbles.com to the URL https://www.androidbubbles.com/api/kbd.php. For this purpose, we keep your domain name with us to access it e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/?kbd_cron_process=1
How to download backup?
Click on “Download Backup Now” under backup required on settings page. It will lead you to available backup page.
How to restore backup files?
On settings page there is a link provided “How to restore backup files?” But in premium version in backup archives under actions you can restore (files only, not database) with one click.
Can I edit backup title?
Yes, on available backup page you can edit backup files title. You can also delete / download backup files. In Premium version before creating backup you can choose a title for the backup file.
Does this plugin provide downloadable backup file?
Is it secure? If yes, how?
It immediately removes the temporary backup file and never reveals the temporary backup file path.
What if i am not getting backup email?
Immediately report to the plugin author via support tab or on mentioned plugin URL.
YES, if the queries are about WordPress and data security then you are welcome.
It is good if you use support tab or plugin’s author blog. If you want to reach the author immediately then use contact form on his blog.
My website database is really big and this plugin is not handling it, what should i do?
Contact plugin author, he might will suggest you to exclude some tables and will suggest you to backup only important ones regularly.
What about the files backup?
Files backup feature is available in premium version.
Is there any premium addon for this plugin or any feature which is not in this version?
As large databases can not be emailed so these all exceptional cases are handled in premium version.
Учасники та розробники
“Keep Backup Daily” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
Перекладіть “Keep Backup Daily” на вашу мову.
Перегляньте код, перегляньте сховище SVN або підпишіться на журнал розробки за допомогою RSS.
- Improved the security measures. [07/07/2022][Thanks to Plugin Vulnerabilities]
- Improved the security measures. [21/05/2022][Thanks to Eduardo Azevedo]
- Assets updated.
- Media Library export feature added. [Thanks to Team Ibulb Work]
- Plugins page broken string issue resolved. [Thanks to @bkacat]
- Backup filename duplication issue – fixed. [Thanks to Abu Usman]
- Find and replace feature added. [Thanks to Ibulb Work Team]
- Languages updated. [Thanks to Abu Usman]
- A few important updates.
- Improved version with switchable Premium features. [Thanks to Ibulb Work Team]
- Fatal error: Cannot declare class “CompressNone” fixed. [Thanks to nowliveit]
- Installation fatal error reported and fixed. [Thanks to nowliveit]
- Languages refined. [Thanks to Abu Usman]
- Languages added. [Thanks to Abu Usman]
- Fixed: WordPress Plugin Security Vulnerability / Missing Validation on TLS Connections
- Backup size display against the row.
- Backup now option has been refined.
- Sanitized input and fixed direct file access issues.
- Improved version. [Childhood Champions]
- Improved version. [Dedicated to KZ]
- Backup now option improved.
- Download now option improved.
- A few important improvements.
- A few important improvements.
- Speed Optimization Fix
- mysql functions are replaced with $wpdb
- A minor issue is fixed.
- A minor layout issue is fixed.
- Settings form improved for better user experience.
- Settings won’t be deleted on version update from next time.
- Old backups will be removed if couldn’t sent to you because of email address field was empty. And by default you will get backups on admin email.
- Code Precision Process: Email Validation Function Updated.
- Recommended Links are added and backup now feature is updated.
- Requirements console updated.
- Requirements console added.
- On upgrade, settings won’t be wasted.
- Admin email will not be stored in settings file. (Security Fix)
- wp_enqueue_style related fix. (Thanks to jelnet)
- Now you will get a proper HTML email instead of plain text one.
- Log file was calculating size of .zip file only. Now it will also calculate if .sql file is not zipped.
- Download backup now option is visible now. It was mistakenly hidden before. Functionality was there but never been asked so i forgot to make it visible.
- If zip library will not be available on your hosting, still you will get backup as .sql file. Cheers!
- Zip archive will not reveal your directory structure on unzip action. (Credit goes to Bilal TAS)
- Error: undefined function mcrypt_create_iv() fixed.
- Layout fixes
- Donate section added…
- Exception Hanlded: session_start() was having problem with rest of the plugins files with headers already started message. It is fixed.
- Bug Fixed: Default email is now your administrator email instead of email@example.com because most of the bloggers don’t use info email address. So admin email will be filled automatically.
- Bug Fixed: Output buffer bug fixed. ob_start() was required to move forward with other plugins compatibility.
- New Feature: Database size will be available in log.
- New Feature: Click here to backup now
- Expected backup email time bug is fixed.
- Scheduled time for database backup is displayed
- Maximum execution time input field removed for convenience of the users. Now it will manage all kind of databases automatically.