Hottaimoijiruna is a continuously updating AJAX powered clock for your site, with a customisable timezone so that you can display the time of day in your part of the world.
- Upload hottaimoijiruna.php to your plugins folder, usually
- Activate the plugin on the plugin screen.
- Use the WordPress plugins editor and set “HOURS_FROM_GMT” appropriately for your timezone.
- In every template that you wish for the clock to appear, call the function hottaimoijiruna().
- Can you alter the format of the returned date string?
Not yet, but you will be able to soon.
- How does it work?
Every minute hottaimoijiruna makes a call to the server and gets the current time. It uses SACK, an AJAX Kit by Gregory Wild-Smith, that comes built in with WordPress 2.0
- It doesn’t work!
- Will it work with WordPress 1.x?
Nope. It should degrade nicely, and just leave the default text (or nothing).
- Will it break if the XML call fails?
Nope. It should degrade nicely, and say “clock disabled”.
- Will this run on every WordPress page and post?
Nope, only on pages where you call hottaimoijiruna(), and it will quit before the first call if there is a problem.
- Do you have an example?
Have a look at my About Page.
- What’s with the stupid name?
Hottaimoijiruna is Japanese and it roughly means, “Don’t touch the potato that was dug up”. It is what some Japanese people think you are saying when you say “What time is is now?” Try saying it fast and you’ll understand.
- So it’s kind of a joke?
Kind of. Did you laugh?
Для цього плагіна немає відгуків.
Учасники та розробники
“Hottaimoijiruna” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники