- Demo video
- WP Speed Matters – Speed up WordPress
- Join our Facebook Group, a community of WordPress speed enthusiasts
- Buy me a coffee
Why should I use this plugin?
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Flying Scripts’
- Activate Flying Scripts for WordPress from your Plugins page.
- Visit Settings -> Flying Scripts to configure
What are the ideal scripts to be included?
Any script that is not crucial for rendering the first view or above fold contents. 3rd party scripts like tracking scripts, chat plugins, etc are ideal.
What should I put in include keywords
Any keyword inside your inline script that uniquely identifies that script. For example “fbevents.js” for Facebook Pixel, “gtag” for Google Tag Manager, “customerchat.js” for Facebook Customer Chat plugin.
How is it different from `defer`
defer tells browser to download the script when found and execute it when HTML parsing is complete. When you include a script in Flying Scripts, those scripts won’t be executed until there is a user interaction.
What is user interaction?
Events from the user like mouse hover, scroll, keyboard input, touch in mobile device, etc.
What is timeout?
Even if there is no user interaction, scripts will be executed after the specified timeout.
Учасники та розробники
“Flying Scripts” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
- Fix – Added mouse wheel event for user interaction
- Fix – FacetWP compatibility
- New – Exclude on pages
- New – Set timeout to Never
- Security updates
- [BUGFIX] Disable for admin interface when using W3 Total Cache
- [BUGFIX] Support for W3 Total Cache
- [REMOVED] Unnecessary “scroll” event
- [UPDATE] Set
type='lazy'. Removed setting
- [BUGFIX] Remove event listeners after scripts are loaded
- [UPDATE] Copy updates
- [UPDATE] Updated copy, FAQ
- [BUGFIX] Exclude json and other script tags
- [NEW] Load scripts on user interaction
- [REMOVED] Load scripts after delay
- Initial release