I have the premium version - needed for the Woocommerce functionality.
I really want to like this plugin and their staff are doing their best, but there are too many issues. I have so many tickets on the go with them and I'm sure they just want to get rid of me now - but I've invested so much time on this that I'm between a rock and a hard place - and they've now given up on looking for solutions. Here are the issues:
- My carefully added captions in LR or descriptions in PS got stripped from the image when uploading to their gallery!!! Yes, you can manually add a description after uploading, but I have 1000 images! No, they don't keep ANY Exif data. Unbelievable.
- They don't support PHP 8 yet, causing numerous critical errors to my site. "Just downgrade to PHP 7.4" they say - but my host is forcing PHP 8 soon so that doesn't help me.
- Albums (collections of galleries) don't work AT ALL with PHP 8. I've had to use a different gallery for that.
- Duplicate gallery settings? Doesn't work - I had to add another plugin for that.
- Buy Now button can't open the Woocommerce product page in a new tab, making it difficult for a user to return to the gallery that he was on.
- Issue with Add to Cart functionality that started glitching - I had to send so many reports to Support with screenshots, providing my login details (which they never looked at), before they eventually found an error on their side and pushed an update - after 4 days of battling and little response.
- Out-the-box light box styles and Woocommerce buttons are not good and a lot of CSS was needed.
- Tech Support is hit and miss. Sometimes, quick helpful responses and other times nothing for days (over holiday periods). I feel for them, and know that they want to make it work, but it's been a problem for me.
I'm at my wit's end. Spent much time and energy trying to make this work that I've made a big loss on this contract. I just want to wrap it up now - but I'm still stuck with issues.
What worked well is the auto creation of Woo products. This worked very well, but with all the time that I've spent fixing issues, I could have manually created the products!
My recommendation: give the plugin in a try, but only with one or 2 galleries and a few images. Make sure that EVERYTHING on your site is perfect before spending time creating more galleries and uploading images.
Also, don't upload images directly to the gallery - rather upload to the WP media library first and then select images for the gallery - in this way at least some data is retained.