This plugin will show an alert (in the plugins admin interface) and send an email notification (to whoever you specify) when there are too many plugins activated.
You can set the plugin count threshold to any number you are comfortable with, and even (optionally) prevent further plugins from being activated.
Why would anyone need this plugin?
This might be useful in a situation where you are required to give a client the ability to install plugins on the WordPress website that you maintain for them, but you also want to keep an eye on the situation lest it gets out of hand.
What is a recommended plugin limit?
There is no correct answer to this question. Plugins vary in functionality and resource usage. The number you choose is really an arbitrary value that you’re comfortable with, based on a combination of your experience and what you know about the hosting environment.
The simplest way to answer this questions is to just ask yourself: How many plugins need to be activated before I would want to know about it? That is your answer.
Excessive Plugins Cop Support at the official WordPress repository.
How to use
- Go to Tools -> Excessive Plugins Cop
- Specify the number of plugins that need to be activated to show a warning message and notify the administrator (if not specified, the default is 20).
- Enter the email address to notify when the number of activated plugins reaches the threshold (optional).
- Disable the ability to install further plugins when the threshold has been reached (optional).
- Enable option to get notified if plugin is deactivated (optional).
Deactivate the plugin, delete if desired.
Install, activate, done.
Для цього плагіна немає відгуків.
Учасники та розробники
“Excessive Plugins Cop” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
Minor UX improvements.
Language file updates.
- Added option to notify when plugin is deactivated.
- Disabled access to plugin upload page when ‘Prevent more plugins being installed’ option is enabled.
- Initial release.