Did you know ?
Faster images increase conversion and thus revenue.
Cloudimage resizes, optimises, compresses and distributes your images lightning fast over CDN on any device around the world.
Apply image filters, custom transformations and watermarks to get the most out of your images and convert more users thanks to beautiful and fast images.
Embeds lazyloading and progressive loading effect for best user experience.
The Cloudimage WordPress plugin leverages the Cloudimage v7 API and offers 2 options for making images responsive on your theme:
Using standard HTML5 srcscet tags.
Your WordPress theme must natively support the HTML5 tags for responsive images above.
By using this method, images in the WordPress media gallery will also be delivered over Cloudimage.
Using the powerful Cloudimage Responsive JS Plugin.
The plugin smartly identifies the image container width and delivers the optimal image size.
No need for your Theme to support responsive images.
It also adds lazyloading and progressive loading effect to your images for best user experience.
This option makes the lightest possible output code and does not modify images in the WordPress media gallery.
No development needed, it’s plug-and-play!
Simply register for a free Cloudimage account and enjoy fast and responsive images.
To start boosting your images, create a free account at Cloudimage to obtain a Cloudimage token.
You get 25GB of CDN traffic and image cache for free every month. If you exceed this limit, we will contact you to set up a paid plan.
But do not worry, 25 GB should be enough for any small to medium-sized WordPress site.
More information on our paid plans here.
How does it work
The Cloudimage plugin will rewrite the WordPress image URLs and replace them with Cloudimage URLs.
Your origin images will be downloaded from your storage (WordPress media gallery, S3 bucket, …), resized by Cloudimage and distributed over CDN.
No development needed.
- Cloudimage statistics dashboard within the Cloudimage plugin configuration page in your WordPress admin
- Support for image URL signatures
If you have suggestions for new features, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search and install the plugin through the Plugins > Add New page in your WordPress dashboard. Alternatively, upload the plugin’s .zip there
- If not already done, register for a free account on Cloudimage and get your token
- Activate the Cloudimage plugin through the Plugins page in your WordPress
- Enter your Cloudimage token or custom CNAME in the plugin’s configuration page
Question 1: How does Cloudimage resize and optimise my WordPress images?
Upon first load of your WordPress site after activating the Cloudimage plugin, the origin images will be downloaded by the Cloudimage image management infrastructure, resized, optimised and delivered over CDN to your end users.
Cloudimage adds an additional layer of image cache (shield) on top of the CDN to make every further request from the CDN to an origin image fast.
Cloudimage does not store your WordPress images permanently, you should always keep your images in your WordPress gallery.
Question 2: Why are my images not going through Cloudimage?
Check if you have a Cache service like W3 Total Cache / WP Super Cache / …
In this case, you need to reload the cache to enable the transformation of your URL.
If the problem persist please contact us.
Question 3: How much does Cloudimage cost?
Cloudimage is a SaaS with a free tier subscription for 25GB CDN traffic and 25GB image cache per month.
We offer paid plans with higher CDN traffic and image cache allowances, pricing here.
Question 4: Will my origin images be affected?
Cloudimage donwloads your images on-the-fly and does not modify your origin images.
Question 5: What happen if I deactivate Cloudimage WP plugin?
Your WordPress site will be back as it was before the activation of the Cloudimage Plugin. We do not apply permanent changes to your WordPress site and/or origin images.
Учасники та розробники
“Cloudimage” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
- First version of Cloudimage WP plugin adapted from photon (Jetpack)
- Added support for Cloudimage v7 API
- Re-designed plugin configuration page
- Added support for the Cloudimage Responsive JS Plugin
- Added option to disable lazyloading if handled by another plugin
- BlurHash implementation of progressive loading as alternative. Newly uploaded images and existing images on updated articles will load with the BlurHash progressive loading effect. See demo (link to blurhash demo page).
- Styling improvements in admin section
- Added better text on tooltips with additional information
- Improvements on blurhash loading
- Text improvements in admin section
- Bug fixes for unused variables, planned for version 3.0
- Add default ci-ration = 1
- Added new baloon with additional information in footer
- Changed link to cloudimage login page in footer
- fixed bug with is-resized class for resized images
- Change the default function of Cloudimage picture resizing from “fit” to “bound”
- Better error handlig for the base Cloudimage class
- Blurhash PHP comptability fix
- Add hook for the content in Elementor theme
- Remove unused functions and files
- Visual styling of the admin section
- Added two type of modes for simplicity
- Added new type of hook for full content filtering (output buffering)
- Add hint in admin to use a caching plugin
- Start using the filters: ‘the_content’, ‘the_excerpt’, ‘comment_text’, ‘widget_text_content’ for filtering the content for the JavaSript responsive mode
- Improve localhost detection
- Improvement for handle bad configuration of WordPress base URLs
- Improved filtering content in Elementor
- Speed improvement in filtering content
- Better Error handling, when you don’t have all images size (Comming from WP 4.x)
- Detection of logged in user, to avoid using Cloudimage for saving bandwidth in admin
- Text improvements in admin section
- Improve regex to detect a not fully W3 compliant background images
- Improve speed of content filtering
- Fix text typo in admin section
- Add custom hook for custom changes on cloudimage URL – filter_cloudimage_build_url
- Not using CDN and URL prefixing in backend mode, when there is logged in user
- Extend and add new srcsets in background mode, even the theme is not adding them (as option)
- image_downsize turn off, when user is logged in
- fix an issue in WooCommerce Single Product view
- add function for detection of checkout page
- add improved scripts on checkout pages
- admin section texts improvement
- fix an issue with custom img_filters in build URL construction
- improve RegEx for the background image filtering
- improve validator of Cloudimage input token
- fix bug with some styles used in the JS mode
- fix issue with custom Cloudimage name and background image
- fix some styles in admin section
- Instagram widget fix
- Add options to choose if plugin should work when user is logged in
- Tested with WP version 5.4.2
- Improved wordings in the admin section
- Changed text in admin section
- Compatibility checks with WordPress 5.5
- Adding advanced settings page with a lot of advanced configurations for customizing the service on your website
- Srcset adding support to img tag if you enabled the option in advanced settings page
- Improving the loading for JS libraries by loading them through ultrafast CDN
- Fix an issue with some PHP version and Advanced tab
- Fix an issue with double CDN of Cloudimage JS
- Add the newest, improved version of Cloudimage JS – 4.6.3
- Fix an issue with RegEx in JS mode (WP_DEBUG warning)
- Fix preg_match issue in some PHP versions
- Fix preg_match issue in some PHP versions
- Adding option (Remove v7) in general settings page for removing api versioning in the URL’s.
- Fix issue of repeating of URLs.
- automate the remove-v7 switch by making it dependant on the token field. added contributors.
- language string and css changes.
- this version was just for a pre-publish demo (which includes reverting v3.0.6 and make & make the use-when-logged-in dial switched on by defaut).
- this version was just for a pre-publish demo (which includes the language string improvements of v3.1.0).
- language string improvements.
- fix setting plugin config options.
- remove-v7 dial turned on by default. checking by token disabled.
- brought back the ability to check v7 or not by token. corrected the checking logic. addressed the slowness problem
- corrected the v7 checking logic again
- improve appearances and text
- patch-up for fr_FR sites