WordPress Announcement Banner Plugin
Bulletin is a lightweight plugin that injects announcement banners, sale offers and shop notices into your website.
Here are a few of the typical scenarios when you would use Bulletin:
- Emergency Announcements: this is especially relevant now in uncertain times with the Corona Virus.
- Sale offers
- Countdown to an event
- Announcing a new section on your website
- Showing an important notice for logged-in members
- Cookie notice
- Announcing a new feature for your product
- And much more!
How it works
Watch a quick video of how it works here:
You can check out the sites featured in the video here:
You can also check out the docs on our site, which are extended regularly.
Do you have a fixed navigation bar or would like to display a bulletin under your nav? Check out the videos below:
Full Bulletin features
The basic Bulletin plugin allows you to add unlimited bulletins and use markdown and emoji’s! It also comes with Customizer support.
The Pro version of Bulletin comes packed with features:
👋🏼Buttons & Call to actions
Add a button with link or trigger JS event
👻Custom icons and google fonts
Make it your own using cool icons and stylish google fonts.
🔄Add multiple messages in one
Rotate through or let them run in marquee style.
🚦Advanced placement options
Show a bulletin only on selected pages on your site. Or only for logged-in users.
🕑Schedule and expiry functions
Live countdown and ability to schedule + expire the bulletin. Check out a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGGQU4B8uVg
🕺WordPress Network support
Specify a bulletin to show on all your sub-sites
✖️ Allow to dismiss
Show a close icon and determine the hide duration
Ability to add your own CSS with each bulletin (handy for those pesky fixed headers)
This plugin is created by Rock Solid Digital.
We have more exciting features planned for Bulletin, among which:
- show bulletins based on automatic events
- REST API support
- Custom button styles and animations
- Animated icons
- More display options
- Install Bulletin either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server.
- Add a new bulletin by adding a simple message, colors, display type and a few other options
- Preview the bulletin on your Website
- If all looks good, publish and you’re done!
- For much more advanced options, why not checkout our Pro version! Head over to bulletin.rocks for more info and pricing.
For who is Bulletin intended?
Bulletin is perfect for business owners, bloggers, Woocommerce shop owners, developers, photographers, and basically everyone else. If you have a website and you want to make announcements to your users, Bulletin is for you!
Do I need to know how to code to us Bulletin?
Coding skills aren’t needed, however there might be instances where a bulletin conflicts with other UI elements in your theme. In this case you may need a developer to add some custom CSS (which is possible in the PRO version).
Can I see some examples of actual bulletins on a website?
How can I get access to all features?
You can get access to more features and priority support by upgrading to our Pro version. Purchasing a Pro license gets you access to the full version of Bulletin, automatic updates and priority support!
Учасники та розробники
“WordPress Announcement & Notification Banner Plugin – Bulletin” — проект з відкритим вихідним кодом. В розвиток плагіну внесли свій вклад наступні учасники:Учасники
- Fix for hebrew text
- Customizer fixes
- NEW: Import / Export bulletins
- Bug fix
- Add ability to show small image on bulletins (pro only)
- Add translation ability on button labels and urls
- Upgrade Freemius SDK
- Solve issue with Polylang
- Fix issue with WPML
- NEW: Totally revamped admin dashboard interface!!
- Better controls for header banners with fixed headers.
- Ability to show header banners under your site header
- Fixed issue with WPML and Polylang for bulletins with multiple messages
- Fixed issue with bulletins not appearing after upgrade to Pro
- Small bugfix to solve a PHP undefined error
- NEW! Ability to schedule bulletins
- Tweaks for button alignment option
- Small fixes & optimizations
- Slight tweak to look and feel to match WP default styling better
- Tweaks & Optimizations
- Small tweaks
- Bugfix on saving bulletins
- Fixed potential issue with apostrophes
- Fix issue with publishing bulletins
- Added Hebrew font
- Small tweaks & optimizations
- Fixed issue with countdown showing even if it was set to hide
- Small tweaks
- Added ability to set cycle speed for multiple messages
- Tweak to button action when adding new Bulletins
- Solve bug with enabling PRO version while FREE version also still enabled
- Solve issue with edit button on front-end showing for non-admins
- Add WPML and Polylang support
- Ability to duplicate bulletins
- Small fixes
- Small tweaks and bug fixes
- Add cookie icon (pro)
- Add ability to dismiss bulletin with button (pro)
- Add Arabic Google fonts
- Update Freemius SDK
- NEW: Corner display option
- Allow user roles other than Administrators to manage Bulletins
- Tweak to the expiry setting; you can now expire bulletins without showing a countdown
- Add speed control for marquees
- Initial translation support for German, French, Dutch and Chinese (SC)
- Small bug fixes and optimizations
- Aims to fix an issue with Favicon potentially dissapearing when Bulletin is activated
- Small fix to prevent themes from messing with font-size settings
- Added initial Customiser support
- Small updates and bug fixes
- Small tweaks & updates
- Update to side panel
- Add option to dismiss bulletin indefinitely (add -1)
- Add additional validations to prevent publishing bulletins with empty font-color
- Fix issue with some themes overriding the font colors set on bulletin
- Other enhancements / upgrades
- Add ability to use links (and open in new tab) in bulletins
- Add basic validation
- Compatibility fix with Buddypress that aims to solve https://wordpress.org/support/topic/conflict-with-buddypress-12/
- Activation issue fix
- Added font size setting
- Small tweaks
- Added setting for fixed headers
- First release